EL Fluent Para Educator
Website Columbus Public Schools
DEPARTMENT: English Learners
JOB TITLE: English Learners Fluent Paraeducator
D.O.T. Full-time: 7.0 Hrs./day
Sedentary Light Medium X Heavy Very Heavy
A. Educational Level: High School diploma or GED
B. Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently. Applicants will be asked to translate English to Spanish and/or Spanish to English both orally and in writing.
C. Leadership skills: Effective communicator and strong human relation skills.
D. Goal of Position: To improve the classroom success of EL students in content areas and in the domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing the English language.
REPORTS TO: EL Teacher/Classroom teacher/Building Principal
1. Assists with the interpretation and translation of language
2. Assists in communicating with parents and families
3. Assists EL students in following directions of the EL and/or classroom teacher
4. Assists EL students with classroom assignments
5. Assists the EL and/or classroom teacher in preparation of instructional materials
6. Assists EL or classroom teacher in individual and small group activities
7. Assists EL teacher in checking progress of EL students
8. Assists with supervision of students
9. Works independently performing tasks as needed
10. Performs any other delegated tasks by the EL teacher, classroom teacher or principal
Note: Occasionally paras are asked to transfer to a different building within the district due to fluctuations in the number of EL students at each school.
Never Occasional Frequent Constant
0% 1-32% _ 33-66% 67%+
A. Standing X
B. Walking X
C. Sitting X
D. Bending X
E. Reaching X
F. Climbing X
G. Driving X
H. Lifting X
I. Carrying X
J. Manual Dexterity Tasks: X
Specific: electronic devices, copier,
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Sensitivity awareness of other cultural groups of people.
A. Inside Outside Both X
B. Must be able to perform in non-handicapped accessible areas.
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.