Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education or Inclusive required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid NE Teaching Certificate with endorsement in Early Childhood Special Education/Inclusive.
- Valid Nebraska Driver’s License
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Director of Student Services
- Work closely with team members to evaluate and serve children and families.
- Conduct evaluations to determine eligibility for services.
- Prepare Multidisciplinary Team Reports (MDT).
- Complete Routines-Based Interviews with families to identify primary areas of concern (Birth-3).
- Assess infants and toddlers’ entry and exit data through Teaching Strategies GOLD.
- Develop Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) and Individual Education Programs (IEP).
- Participate in MDT, IFSP, and IEP meetings with team members and families.
- Schedule and conduct home visits with parents/caregivers.
- Coach families/caregivers to increase their confidence and competence in facilitating their child’s learning and development through daily routines.
- Collaborate with community agencies serving children and families.
- Support families as they transition to center-based settings.
- Working with and understanding a diverse student population.
- Plans for and guides the learning process to help children and families achieve their program objectives.
- Selects and uses effective instructional methods and learning materials.
- Support the ongoing curriculum development of the program.
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with all assigned families.
- Maintains open lines of communications with parents, guardians and staff.
- Engages in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and lesson planning and child progress toward IFSP or IEP goals as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards with ethical and professional performance established by district policy as well as the State Board of Education.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.