Nucleus Production Technician
Pillen Family Farms
Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- Position will be responsible for animal husbandry and production at their assigned genetic nucleus farm.
- This position will be involved with the accurate collection of data during the different production phases.
- This position is ideal for a person who enjoys science, technology, and animals.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of pig body and health condition.
- Administration of proper treatment to animals.
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd.
- Assessment and recording ventilation guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of records.
- Fine motor skills for writing data, administering treatment shots, and weighing individual piglets.
- Frequent kneeling, reaching, and steady balance required for treating piglets.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, interpersonal communication.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
To apply for this job please visit pillendnacareers.workbrightats.com.