District Sales Manager
The District Sales Manager (DM) is responsible for developing, growing, and maintaining new and existing business within the organization for the purpose of selling pre-engineered steel building systems in the allocated territory. DMs will meet with customers on a regular basis to discuss their specific needs/concerns and make recommendations on projects as well as advise on business development issues. He/she is responsible for reviewing drawings and specifications to determine project requirements and to request cost estimates. The DM is also required to write purchase orders, provide sketches/details, and present any other pertinent information for order processing. In addition, the DM will work with engineers, architects, marketing, and inside personnel to help define project requirements as well as positively promoting the Behlen brand. DM’s should be able to manage their time efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision. DM’s will provide estimates and quote requests while traveling along with meeting their appointment and recruiting schedule. DM’s will also be required to work with the company CRM, keeping it current while accurately forecasting monthly and quarterly order expectations.
- Candidate must reside in sales territory.
- Five years of experience, preferred, with a metal building manufacturer, construction products manufacturer, or general contractor in a sales position.
- Working technical knowledge of the pre-engineered metal building industry and construction, in general, is preferred.
- Proven track record of sales growth, annually, and account management.
- Ability to recruit new accounts and provide excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with programs such as excel, word, power point, and CRM programs are required.
- Highly motivated, confident, and positive attitude are a must.
- Ability to work with little supervision and meet short deadlines on a regular basis.
- Positively interact with team members and provide solutions to problems expeditiously.
- Data driven with the ability to analyze markets as well as build and implement a business plan.
***EXTENSIVE TRAVEL REQUIRED***
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.