|Job title||Design Engineer|
|Reports to||Director of Engineering|
At Columbus Hydraulics, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new technologies. This work is powered by the people and solutions of Columbus Hydraulics. This is work that matters.
Exciting things continue to happen at Columbus Hydraulics and one very exciting place where we are innovating, and expanding is OEM Engineered Solutions. Our customers, more and more, are looking to us to help them address demanding and complex application issues. We are seeing our business grow through the expansion of OEM Engineered Solutions and we need your help.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of custom hydraulic cylinders and product changes from concept through full production.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate new cylinder designs for manufacturability, identify any special materials, tooling or fixturing required to produce product
- Responsible for helping with the design, development, quoting and analysis of both new and existing product under the direction of the Director of Engineering
- Will be involved with all product stages including initial application specifications, material and labor estimations, design and development, manufacturing, and final testing
- Prepare Manufacturing Time Estimates and Bill of Materials for Sales to generate quotes
- Provide technical information to Sales, Production, Purchasing and Quality departments and customers to answer questions/issues
- Review completed drawings for completeness and accuracy of design intent
- Assist Quality/Production with the acceptance/rejection of out-of-tolerance parts
- Must be able to effectively communicate design requirements to fellow engineers, drafters, and manufacturing
- Review test data, customer requirements, design calculations etc. to assure cylinders will perform as intended in the application
- Must participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities
- Will be required to troubleshoot and provide assistance on the production floor as needed
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
Previous Experience Preferred:
- Hydraulics Cylinder Design experience required
- Manufacturing experience required
- Engineering experience required
- Manufacturing experience with heavy emphasis on process engineering, tool design, and lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of process improvement, ability to read and analyze technical drawings.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and project oriented.
- 3D CAD experience (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, fabrication, & painting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Lean training a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Pay: Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
To apply send resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.columbushydraulics.com.