Customer Service Representative (Work-From-Home)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there’s no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you’ll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
As a Customer Service Representative in the Customer Service Center you are responsible for handling incoming phone calls and being the primary customer interface for inquiries. Our service representatives inform and educate as well as serve as member advocate, building trust in our abilities and being the voice of the customer. By using established best practices, attending ongoing training and utilizing resources and tools you will serve as the expert to help navigate our members through the challenging world of health insurance. Our representatives must be talented, dedicated people who possess a passion for providing best in class service and want to make a difference in the lives of our member.
This position is full-time, and the starting pay is $16.50/hour. We are opening this opportunity as a remote-work from home position, to candidates anywhere in Nebraska. All candidates need to be available to work a shift during regular hours of operation (7:30am-6:30pm) Monday through Friday and have their own reliable internet service provider.
What you’ll do
- Interfaces with customers via telephone, written correspondence, fax, web, and/or electronic mail.
- Researches customer information utilizing appropriate systems, policies, regulations, procedures and other reference materials to effectively respond to and resolve customer issues.
- Elevates sensitive customer requests when necessary.
- Comply with State and Federal regulations and mandates, which are continually changing, thus creating a very dynamic environment, candidate is responsible to take initiative to stay current on policies and procedures required to support the customer and to ensure compliance.
- Accountable to remain current on knowledge of diverse products and proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two years of experience in a customer service setting
- Availability to work any assigned shift between 7:30 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- A distraction-free work environment
- Internet and telephone access for business only (internet connection minimum of at least 10 Mbps is required)
- The ability to demonstrate experience in servicing complex or sensitive customer issues.
- The desire to work in a rapidly changing industry
- The ability to thrive in a structured call center environment
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Basic medical/dental terminology and contract interpretation is a plus
- Previous experience in health insurance or related field
- Previous experience working from home
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit careers.nebraskablue.com.