Customer Service Representative
Website Burgess & Associates, LLC
Role Title: Customer Service Representative
Agency: Burgess & Associates, LLC
Address: 1915 23rd St. Columbus, NE 68601
Phone: (402) 564-0200
The Customer Service Representative is an employee of the Agency Owner and not an employee of American Family Insurance.
The Customer Service Representative provides an excellent customer experience for potential and existing customers. Identifies opportunities to cross sell and matches them with appropriate product and service offerings. Supports the efforts of the agency owner and promotes agency awareness through participation in various events. Assists the agency with attaining agency service goals.
· Provides personalized, professional customer service experiences through building trust and developing strong customer relationships
· Responds to customer inquiries regarding coverages, billing, claims or products by following established agency processes and procedures
· Drives customer satisfaction by following the J.D. Power’s best practices: Personal Insurance Review, rate revision notification and claims process
· Processes changes to existing accounts and policies
· Serves as a liaison on behalf of the customer between the agency and various business partners
· Assists customers with claims by directing them to the appropriate Claims Department contacts and resources. Follows up to ensure customer needs are addressed.
· Schedules appointments with existing or prospective customers for agency employees
· Performs daily administrative functions to assist the agency owner, office manager or sales unit manager
· Assists with set up and execution of agency events
· Assist with cash handling and banking activities
· Participates in reviews of existing coverages and may advise customers regarding policy options
· Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines
· Identifies cross-selling opportunities during customer interactions and takes appropriate action
· Contacts appropriate business partners for guidance when needed
· Property, casualty licenses. Licenses must be maintained to continue employment.
· Valid driver’s license required
· Ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and organize work
· Active involvement in the local community
· Demonstrated customer service experience
· Effective communication skills
· Experienced with PC software applications
· Solid knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical skills
· Active involvement in their local community
· Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and principles
· Demonstrated effective prospecting and sales experience
· Work takes place in a general office setting, at community events and networking associations
Note: The information contained in this role profile is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, skills and knowledge needed to perform in this role. Please note that functions and work schedules are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon business need.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com