Customer Service Representative
Vishay Dale in Columbus, NE is currently seeking a full time Customer Service Representative responsible for serving as the primary communication link between Vishay’s Manufacturer’s Reps and Distributors to the 8 Vishay Americas business units. This position will develop a close relationship with the Rep or Distributor in support of all product lines under Vishay Americas.
- Performs order entry functions, when necessary, following SAP rules and guidelines.
- Enters all change orders. Consults with business units when situation requires it.
- Enters RMA orders once proper authorization has been received.
- Submits quote requests to Marketing for customers that deal direct with the CSR. Quotes would be for non-contract/custom P/N””s.
- Requests Marketing to generate Material Master and Customer Information Records when P/N is not on SAP system.
- Monitors EDI workflow box and corrects problems allowing orders to flow into SAP system.
- Provides timely and accurate responses to inquiries from reps and customers utilizing SAP system and factory support.
- Communicates critical customer information/requirements to business units.
- Coordinates expedite requests as received.
- Advises reps/customers when deliveries will be delinquent.
- Works with Credit Dept. to resolve invoice issues.
- Coordinates material checks with planning for critical situations where substitutions are last option.
- Equivalent to a high school education plus additional specialized training.
- One year to 2 years experience.
- Excellent communication skills in order to deal effectively with customers and Company employees.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills in order to accurately process customer orders and handle daily workload.
- Must be able to multi-task working with factory contacts in Marketing, Planning, Quality, etc. in the 8 business units associated with Vishay Americas.
- Excellent computer skills. Must be able to use multiple computer systems.
- Have the ability to understand and learn the numerous product lines that Vishay Americas currently is selling.
- Generally sedentary type work with mobility required intermittently to handle such things as making copies, filing and expediting orders.
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally.
Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vishay.com.