Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager – Columbus, NE Corn Processing Complex
This is an exempt level position.
This position is responsible for the deployment and ongoing sustainment of the Performance Excellence System at the Columbus Corn Processing Complex. This role will serve as the direct conduit between the tactical/operational and strategic initiatives within the organization. In addition, this individual will have oversight of certain operational activities at the Wet Mill, Dry Mill, and Cogeneration facilities with a focus on driving change as the organization transitions to a Continuous Improvement mindset. Key to success in this position will be the leader’s ability to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and ever changing environment, while leveraging his/her leadership capabilities to develop working relationships and create buy-in as the primary change facilitator for the PE System.
- Display a commitment to lead, participate in, and support ongoing safety engagement.
- Serve as a the site implementation leader and subject matter expert for PE across the complex. Actively lead and coach the site steering team and pillar teams.
- Examine a variety of losses (safety, quality, production, cost) and apply PE methods to correct and sustain their improvement.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to translate the PE vision into tactical deployment plans that deliver sustained results.
- Provide tools, resources, and training to department teams as they incorporate PE methods into their standard work.
- Serve as a trusted resource for plant and department leaders using PE methods for continuous improvement and sustained results.
- Responsible for driving health score improvements and increased PE impacts (revenue generation and savings) at the complex.
- Conduct regular touchpoints with PE practitioners to ensure that teams are staying true to the PE process.
- Maintain the PE Wave Initiative to capture and record PE savings for the complex. Follow key Wave Initiatives and escalates/intervenes to offer support and resources if efforts fall behind schedule.
- Maintain the PE Hopper as the single source of truth for plant priorities and work closely with various COEs to ensure that company priorities are being taken into account.
- Pursues continuing education on PE methods and makes the same opportunities available to other leaders, colleagues, and pillar teams.
- Assist the Plant Manager with mentoring and developing Shift Leaders, Department Superintendents, and Process Engineers to adopt a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Support with plant operations by monitoring production schedules to ensure that finished products are shipped on time and in accordance with customer expectations, coordinating PM schedules to ensure that equipment is maintained in accordance with production and commercial needs, and responding to a variety of plant emergencies.
- Provide coverage for the Plant Manager and Department Superintendents as needed.
- Maintain a high degree of availability to a 24/7 operation.
- Consistently demonstrates the ADM Core Values.
- Committed safety first approach in all that must be accomplished.
- Solid track record of implementing change when needed to improve the organization.
- Experienced or developing leader within the company. Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred or related discipline / equivalent experience.
- Foundational experience in Continuous Improvement. ADM Performance Excellence, Lean, or TPM subject matter expert or willing and able to learn that skillset.
- Highly motivated leader who is able to lead by example with Continuous Improvement and PE, Lean, or TPM methods.
- Excellent communication skills to provide guidance and feedback with the ability to coach and mentor colleagues across the organization on what it means to engage with PE.
- Able to earn the respect of the team without having direct management oversight.
- Willing and able to navigate complex HR environments at a large non-union facility.
- Able to utilize independent judgement to solve problems and have excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, meet deadlines, and strive for continuous improvement and high expectations of direct reports.
- Desire experience in Continuous Improvement systems such as ADM Performance Excellence, Lean, or TPM as an opportunity to develop as a company leader.
Relocation is available with this position.
This position includes a full benefits package including 401k/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.