CNC Mill/Lathe Operator
Website Columbus Hydraulics
To apply, please fill out the information below.
This is a great opportunity, we are a fast growing company, looking for individuals who seek growth and future opportunity.
Columbus Hydraulics is currently looking to fill a CNC Mill and Lathe position for our 2nd shift. The role is from 4:00 pm – 2:30 am M-F.
Self-sufficiently operate CNC mills and lathe with minimal supervision. Follow supervisor/production manager verbal directions. Capable of completing set ups, adjust feed and speed to meet surface finish requirements of hydraulics cylinder components. Also, adjust tool offsets to meet allowable tolerances and capable to use best judgement when tools are worn and need replaced. Role must be able to inspect first piece according to blueprint and must be able to read and understand CNC programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Programs must have a unique id. specific to the part being manufactured
- Responsible for equipment setups, tooling changes, collet/chuck changeovers, and general machine maintenance
- Ability to read drawings (CAD prints), operator manuals, job orders, and follow procedural instructions
- Ability to inspect, identify, debur and stack production materials
- Ability to read tape measure, calipers, micrometers, thread gages, go-nogo thread and plug gages, depth gages, and bore gages
- Practice in observing safety procedures
- Required to operate overhead cranes and forklifts (optional)
- Working consistently and must be able to work overtime
- Insure that daily output is met and exceeded
- Conducts himself/herself professionally and in a civil manner
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: Highly recommended High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Previous Experience Preferred: 1 year, willing to train the right candidate
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Basic keyboard and computer operation skills.
- Knowledge of various CNC lathe/mill machining including set-ups and programming fundamentals
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Understand basics of a machine shop
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently
- Exert up to 10 pound of force constantly
- Depending on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.columbushydraulics.com.