Perform various semi-skilled to skilled operations using various CNC machines.
- Set up and operate CNC turning centers and/or machining centers with assistance.
- Follow written and verbal procedures as assigned, read and interpret work order routings, prints, sketches, and tool sheets.
- Inspect work using micrometer, bore gage, Vernier calipers, or other precision measuring instruments. This may include micrometers up to 25”.
- Set up and operate turning centers and/or machining centers; select proper feeds, speeds and tooling; determine clamping methods and make machine adjustments with limited use of fixtures.
- Maintain tolerances per drawing requirements on mills and lathes.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies and reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Enter labor and work time in labor tracking system.
- Keep machine(s) / work area clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic machinist knowledge of numerical controlled machining center and/or turning center is required.
- Ability to recognize and understand machine functions, to use preset tools, to perform basic edits and offsets, to read and interpret work-related machine drawings, and to understand and follow a tool path within a program is required.
- Ability to complete average mathematical calculations and resolve elementary technical problems is required.
- Knowledge of working with a variety of materials is required.
- Knowledge of CNC programming using G&M code is preferred and experience as a manual machinist is a plus.
- Must be dependable, be detail-oriented, have a mechanical aptitude and be quality and safety-minded.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds is required and with the use of mechanical aids, manipulate parts or machines exceeding 20,000 pounds is required.
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident of the US is required.
Available shifts include:
- 1st Shift – 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday
- 2nd Shift – 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, Monday through Thursday
- 3rd shift – 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday
- 15% shift differential is provided to employees who work 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CNC set up & operations: 1 year (Preferred)
In addition, you can choose to upload your resume at https://somethinggoodcolumbus.com/upload-resume/ and we will put it directly in the hands of our Columbus business owners and HR professionals. Be sure to mention this job’s title and employer.
We want you in Columbus!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.