Website Behlen Mfg. Co.
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Department: Machine Shop
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 2nd Shift
Training will be on 1st shift
- Responsible for compliance with all documented procedures and employee handbook.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the finished product.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a working team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing routine Preventative Maintenance on associated equipment.
- Responsible for safety, quality, and production with limited supervision.
- Responsible for set-up, adjust and operate computerized numerically controlled machine to perform a complex series of progressive functions
- Identify and use tools for proper sizing in turret locations
- Arrange, mount and secure tooling
- Correlate machine position relative to program status during operations sequence
- Operate, adjust, tool select, add sequence control cutting operations as required
- Learn CNC programming
- Assist with packaging of materials for shipment
- Responsible for any additional tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader
- Practice safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work towards continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- Must have basic math ability
- Forklift certification preferred
- Need to be flexible between shifts when needed
- Good fit with rest of team
- Work with complicated drawings
- Use measuring instruments within close tolerances
- At least one year trade school or machine training/experience is desired
- Programming experience a plus
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.