Career Education Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
A. Educational Level: Bachelor Degree or higher.
B. Certification: Must meet and maintain standards for Nebraska certification with endorsement in Business/Marketing. Other certifications will be considered.
- Experience Required: Teaching experience preferred but not required.
- Extra Duty: Extra duty coaching or activity assignments may be available for those interested and qualified.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
- Knowledge of the Nebraska Career Education model.
- Provide leadership in a career exploration classroom that will enhance student understanding of their possible career and education pathway.
- Develop curriculum for a career education course.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments to create curriculum/lessons for 9th grade students.
- Assist in program evaluation on a regular basis.
- Participate in appropriate training/in-service development programs.
- Create learning activities and grow with new technologies that are available.
- Build positive rapport and relationships with students and staff.
- Create connections with local businesses and organizations to enhance student learning.
- Provide leadership in the 9th grade transition committee.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.