Buyer – Current Products
Are you interested in joining a team in an environment that is fast paced, rewarding and truly values its team members? We will train you to be the best and help you move your career forward! Timpte is looking for a Buyer – Current Products in our David City Facility. We’re looking for an experienced candidate that has a proven background in sourcing development, negotiation, communication and performance. We are looking for a quick learner and someone who is able to keep up on current market trends and industry knowledge.
As the Buyer – Current Products, you will be responsible for identifying and developing supply base, for current and newly designed captive parts or assemblies, to support an assemble-to-order production flow. This individual will lay the groundwork for their team of planners and support all planner activities. Areas of concentration for supplier development includes Quality, Lead time, Delivery Performance, Responsiveness, and Cost (value add)
Timpte is celebrating 135 years in business and currently employs over 400 employees in 6 states across the Midwest. Timpte offers a competitive salary along with quarterly bonus for this position. Other popular benefits include personal time off, paid holidays, employee tuition reimbursement, 401k company match, medical, dental, and vision plans and much more. As a company that values our employees we offer company paid lunches for holidays, company picnic for our families to enjoy every year, holiday parties, and other events throughout the year.
• You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
• High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding company expectations
• Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value added service to our clients, customers, and vendors
• Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles
• Leadership, and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or a minimum of 5-7 years’ of proven sourcing and/or contract experience in commodities such as metals, fabrications, coatings and subcontracting.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MRP/ERP business software.
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Must have an insurable driving record, as travel is required.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.