Website Columbus Public Schools
A. Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in Business Education
B. Certification: Must meet standards for cortication as a Nebraska teacher in secondary education with either a subject endorsement in Basic Business or a ?eld endorsement in Business, Marketing, and Information Technology endorsement. The ?eld endorsement is encouraged in Business, Marketing, and Information Technology, but not required.
C. Prior teaching experience in Business Education and familiarity with business-related student organizations is preferred but not required.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: The salary is commensurate with the applicant’s educational background and teaching experience in Business Education as presented by the Negotiated Agreement and Certi?cated Sta? Salary Schedule.
EXTRA DUTY CONSIDERATIONS: In addition to the teaching contract, the 9-12 Business Education position also provides opportunities for coaching and/or activity sponsorship. Salary is commensurate with the applicant’s coaching and/or activity sponsorship background as presented by the Extra Duty Salary Schedule.
- Able to teach programs that align to local district and state curriculum standards in Business Education that integrates business education and career readiness with technical skill instruction.
- Possesses a current background in the content programs of Business Education including business administration and information technology systems.
- Provides learning experiences for students to use and apply their academic and career education knowledge and skills in real-world scenarios, including job shadowing and work-based learning opportunities.
- Provides leadership in program evaluation on an ongoing basis including participation in appropriate content-speci?c, district, and state-level in-service programs and meetings.
- Provides a safe and orderly learning environment including classroom and building level student supervision as assigned.
- Provides leadership and supervision of students in developing, organizing, and utilizing resources for an e?ective instructional program at the high school level in Business Education.
- Provides content-speci?c active student-centered learning experiences that engage students in their learning in the classroom while encouraging participation in related student organizations.
- Is a collaborative team member who assists in program development and program evaluation on a regular basis.
- Incorporates best practices in the content area and uses assessment data when making instructional decisions.
- Effectively integrates electronic devices as part of the instructional program in a digital learning environment.
- Participates in appropriate in-service development programs and implements best practices as determined.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Columbus Public Schools Board of Education policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.