Building Line Operator
Website Behlen Manufacturing Co.
Job Title: Building Line Operator
Department: Building S-Span
Location: Columbus, NE
1 Opening – 1st Shift
Qualified candidate will be capable of being the lead operator, responsible for supervision and safe operation of sheet metal roll-forming line in the Building’s S-Span area. Will be capable of determining appropriate setup and operation of each panel line, as well as additional processes to complete finished product with minimal supervision. Person may be required to rotate to an alternate shift as business levels require increased production capabilities.
- Setup, Operate, and Troubleshoot 3”, 4”, and 7” SSpan Building lines
- Setup, Operate, and Troubleshoot all other machines in S-Span area.
- Actively operate and supervise operation of lines and machines in department.
- Perform and supervise training of new employees; including daily operations.
- Coordinate schedule with Team Leader and other Line Leaders to meet department goals.
- Identify and control scrap, complete paperwork, and fill-in for various operators when needed.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader, as required.
- Practice Safe working habits and follow safety policy, procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Ability to work continuous improvement of product quality and ISO-9001:2015.
- One to three years of experience in sheet metal forming and fabrication.
- Mechanically inclined; with ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Should be able to read and interpret prints.
- Good basic mathematical ability; using all units of measure including fractions and decimals.
- Able to accurately used and read tape measure as well as other required measuring devices.
- Self-motivated, able to work with little supervision.
- Must become certified for lift trucks and overhead cranes.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. 20% of the time; 60 lbs. 30% of the time; and over 70 lbs. 10% of the time.
- Able to stand throughout entire shift; and to push, pull, slide, and lift up to 100 lbs. 15% of the time.
- Willing to work overtime, as needed, to meet customer schedule requests
Behlen Mfg. Co. offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit packages which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, wellness programs, paid vacation and holidays and variable pay opportunities.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please go to www.behlenmfg.com/careers-application.
To apply for this job please visit www.behlenmfg.com.