BUG Grind Operator – 3rd Shift
Website BD (West)
The Cannula Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for processing cannula through grinding, packaging – inspection operations. This includes loading and unloading, grinding, inspecting product, removing defective product, recording inspection and production data, monitoring the performance of the equipment and notifying set-up for repairs so that continuous work patterns are maintained.
- Job requires at least 30 lbs. lifting and repetitive motion. Requirements also include the use of microscopes, small tools, macroscopes, labels, packing material, etc.
- Associate will perform clean up as required and maintain accurate production and quality records.
- Able to learn product specifications and to perform required tests to meet quality requirements.
- Ability to learn and use quality test equipment and measuring tools.
- Knowledge of computers to input quality and production data.
- Process knowledge and skills to make and understand charting, graphs, data analysis, and their interpretation.
- Ability to make machine settings and adjustments with tools, computers, etc.
- Ability to participate as a team member.
JOD ELEMENTS / DUTIES:
- Work as a team member in helping solve problems.
- Participate as a team member by meeting with off-shifts for meetings.
- Perform peer reviews within the work team.
- Responsible as a team member to provide coverage to maintain schedules and production flow.
- Maintain accurate labor, production, waste and quality records.
- Maintain adequate product supplies, tools, cannula, etc., to sustain continuous operation.
- Inspect cannula per specification, including the removal of defects.
- Perform required machine set-ups, adjustments, and PM’s.
- Operate all equipment per operating procedures.
- Fill out product identification as required per specifications.
Reports directly to product line coordinator or takes direction from shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work effectively in a team, accurately, and with limited supervision. Executes additional duties as required by coordinator. Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in the Manufacturing Set-up Procedures, Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints, and GMP manuals, which pertain to this operation. Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required. Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies. Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-To-Know training will be required for these chemicals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Level of Education/Knowledge needed:
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Experience needed:
- No previous experience required.
- Previous manufacturing experience desired.
Level of Skills Needed:
- Proficient at speaking, reading and writing English
- Work with others (interpersonal skills)
- Give and receive feedback
- Train others
- Solve problems and make informed decisions
- Plan and organize job tasks
- Set priorities and timelines
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing)
- Break down tasks into their parts
- Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
- Precision measuring instruments
- BD inspection methods and documentation
BD has the following Core Values that are expected behavior from every associate:
- We Treat Each Other With Respect
- We Do What Is Right
- We Always Seek To Improve
- We Accept Personal Responsibility
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.