Behavior Support Para Educator
Columbus Middle School
JOB TITLE: Para educator – Behavior Support Program
D.O.T. # PART TIME 6.50 hrs/day
Sedentary Medium X
Education Level: Minimum high school diploma,
Must have 2 years of post high school, or district will provide Project Para training
• Ability to work with students on a one-to-one basis or in small group situations.
• Willingness to learn approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Ability to perform approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques as directed by teacher.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to travel to different schools as needed.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Never 0%, Occasional 1-32%, Frequent 33-66%, Constant 67%+
Occasional: bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting 10 lbs. max, carrying 20 ft.
Frequent: standing, walking, and sitting
A. Inside X Outside Both
B. Climatic Environment All assignments will be in air-conditioned environments.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.