BDITS Grind Operator – 2nd shift
- Maintain equipment operation, monitoring and performance of grinding systems.
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Perform Cannula/Stylets/Blades loading/unloading of grinders as required.
- Inspect and remove defective product.
- Maintain product quality, equipment performance and production performance.
- Make process equipment adjustments, repairs and service as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Notify set-up, utility and technicians when necessary.
- Clean up as required.
- Maintain accurate production waste, quality, labor, etc. records.
- Operator will be exposed to various oil, solvents and grind coolant.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to speak, read & write English
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator Monitor and perform quality inspection on the product and process that do not require an in-line inspector and necessary adjustment. On those operations which utilize a separate inspector, the operator will be required to be familiar with the inspection methods and criteria Maintain record keeping functions which include production, labor, waste, quality, material transfer and inventory logs Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment.
Inspect pointed cannula for defective cannula per applicable QC Specifications Remove defective cannula during inspection to the appropriate waste container Perform QC Checks per QC specifications (rotation, bevels, overall length, point length, bore, burns, etc.) Perform periodic and as needed QC check per QC Specifications (dimensional checks, point length, bevel length, overall length, burr clogs, rotation, etc.) Use macroscope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision Executes additional duties as required by coordinator Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.