Auction Accounting Specialist
- Demonstrates commitment to the Company’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Performs day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording data in accordance with the Company financial reporting and procedural standards along with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Accurately pays settlements by analyzing reports, verifying transaction information with departments and scheduling disbursements.
- Responsible for receivables by matching customer payments to invoices, and posting the payment.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and notifying customers of insufficient payments and resolving issues.
- Processes and keep records of disputes related to accounting and held settlements.
- Determines sales tax exemption of auction items if there are any and maintain customers’ sales tax exemption certificates.
- Researches sales tax related questions if necessary.
- Accesses computerized financial information to answer general questions as well those related to specific accounts.
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position, as assigned by BigIron.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure that all essential functions are addressed effectively, making appropriate adjustments throughout each shift and each work week to meet changing and/or competing priorities when necessary.
- Prepares for and actively participates in meetings, both on a departmental level and on a company level.
- Completes required training promptly. Self identifies areas where additional training is required. Demonstrates understanding of the training content and implements training in day-to-day work activities.
- Complies with BigIron policies and procedures as published by BigIron and which may be modified from time to time.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Willingly completes other duties and takes on special projects as assigned or as necessary.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field and/or 2 years of related finance experience preferred.
- Always maintains Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Avalara.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines.
To apply for this job please visit www.bigiron.com.