Asst PS Operator Night Nebraska
FLEXcon is seeking an Assistant Machine Operator to work the night shift and assist in all coating functions including working with the P.S. operators by performing a variety of duties associated with the operation of the machine. Will be required to work on various coating machines as work demands. Support the operators by working safe, as a team, while maximizing quality, productivity and material yield.
Work hours are Monday – Thursday 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Learn and follow all work instructions and procedures through FLEXcons ISO-9001 Quality Management System. Follow OSHA safety standards.
- Produce P.S. product by laminating raw film to coated liner.
- Perform essential duties of P.S. Operator or Coater Operator on various machines or assist in other departments when and as required.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and tasks delegated by machine operators or your supervisor.
- Understand and use the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and NDC.
- Operate all aspects of required equipment including pallet jacks, cranes and lift tables.
- Work with operators to diagnose machine issues and work with maintenance to resolve issues.
- Hang and remove material for production or transportation to other areas in the plant.
- Assist the operators in properly preparing rolls for processing, identify and tag materials and document defects in the computer.
- Maintain proper records according to procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the operators, other coating associates and material handlers.
- Effectively communicate quality and machine issues.
- Follow static control/elimination requirements.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and follow recycling guidelines.
- Measure and cut proper samples to provide to various departments per work order instructions.
- Maintain productivity/scheduling requirements while maintaining minimum waste goals.
- Maintain safety standards including use of PPEs as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to read and write with basic math skills.
- Previous Topcoat or PS machine operations experience
- Computer proficiency required.
- Previous related experience preferred but not required.
- Must pass a spirometry test and able to use a respirator when required per FLEXcon PPE/ Safety procedures.
- Must pass drug screen, physical, reference check and background check.
- Work hours are Monday – Thursday 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Full benefits offered such as medical, dental, life, 401(k), STD insurance, paid vacation time, paid holidays, paid sick days
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. FLEXcon does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
FLEXcon is not accepting assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit careers-flexcon.icims.com.