Assistant Machine Operator (PS) – Night
FLEXcon in Columbus, NE is seeking an Assistant Machine Operator (PS) on the night shift. This role will assist the pressure sensitive operators by performing a variety of duties associated with the operation of the machine and will be required to work on various coating machines as work demands. Support the operators by working safe, as a team, while maximizing quality, productivity and material yield. Must remain alert, conscientious, and expedient and use good judgment and decision-making skills. The work hours for this role will be Monday – Thursday 6 PM – 6 AM.
- Learn and follow FLEXcon’s ISO-9001 Quality Management System. These standards include all work instructions and procedures. Compliance to these standards is monitored by audits.
- Work safely; follow OSHA safety standards.
- Learn to produce product by laminating raw film to coated liner.
- Be capable to fill-in for the Operator or Coater Operator when required.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and tasks delegated by machine operators or your supervisor.
- Computer proficiency required including the understanding and use the SCADA/recipe system.
- Operate all aspects of required equipment including pallet jacks, cranes and lift tables.
- Work with operators to diagnose machine issues and work with maintenance to resolve issues.
- Hang and remove material for production or transportation to other areas in the plant.
- Assist the operators in properly preparing rolls for processing, identify and tag materials and document defects.
- Maintain proper records according to procedures.
- Communicate effectively with the operators, other coating associates and material handlers.
- Will be required to work on various coating machines as work demands.
- Effectively communicate quality and machine issues.
- Follow static control/elimination requirements.
- Maintain housekeeping standards and follow recycling guidelines.
- Provide proper samples to Quality Lab per work order requirements.
- Maintain productivity/scheduling requirements while maintaining minimum waste goals.
- Regular and prompt attendance is required in all positions to provide positive customer service.
- Maintain safety standards including use of PPEs as required.
- Must pass a spirometry test and be able to perform duties while using a respirator when required.
Must be able to read and write with basic math skills.
Must pass drug test, physical, spirometry/pulmonary function test and background check.
This is a full time position that offers a great benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.