Assembly Setup – D Shift $2000 Bonus incentive being offered!
$2000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, and minimizing/preventing equipment downtime. Must be able to work both independently and as a team member and actively connect with others to include workplace teams.
Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
A strong dedication to teamwork, safety, and communication is required.
- Assembly Setup Operators will be responsible for production on their designated lines as well as maintaining machine runtime and performing some mechanical repairs.
- They may be trained on any of the processes or lines in the department to help fill production needs.
- They may perform visual inspections as well as assembly or packaging operations.
- Will be responsible for achieving production rate and quality goals on assigned equipment.
- May require the use of 10x microscopes, calipers, and/or other miscellaneous gauges.
- May be required to perform SAP data entries.
- Help maintain inventory of spare parts and prepare for upcoming work on the lines.
- Must be willing to troubleshoot machines and help identify methods to increase efficiency of the lines.
- Informal leader of their respective line and responsible for ensuring quality of the product they produce
- Achieving established production goals.
- Ensuring the quality of all product produced.
- Performing quality checks as designated.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Perform changeovers and line clearances.
- Ensure assigned equipment is maintained and in working order.
- Processing SAP and MES transactions for department.
- Assisting in the BDA process to identify root causes.
- Perform duties in accordance with GMP principles.
- Maintain compliance with all required document training.
- Operate safely every single day including usage of accurate PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operate lines in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drive department results by reducing downtime and completing tasks in an efficient manner.
- Maximize efficient time usage in the department.
- Continuous learning of the processes and mechanics of the lines.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (East)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.