Website BigIron Realty
Job Purpose and Position Overview:
This position contributes to the success of BigIron Realty and Big Iron Auctions by assisting the Operations Accounting Manager with various clerical duties and assisting Accounts Receivable. As a receptionist, this individual will be the first point of contact for our company, making the first impression for those that visit or call into the office for questions or services, and offers administrative support across the organization. This employee also contributes to the success of BigIron Realty and BigIron Auctions through ongoing collaboration with peers, co-workers, supervisors, managers, vendors, clients, and others who do business with them.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Company’s mission, vision, and core values
- Provides exceptional customer service to our office visitors by greeting and welcoming guests as they arrive at the office
- Ensures visitors follow BigIron guidelines for visiting the BigIron office, and directing them to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Enters sales tax forms into the software
- Answers questions from customers regarding sales tax forms and processes
- Picks up and distributes mail to appropriate departments
- Accesses computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts
- Perform general office duties such as copying, filing, creating files, and handling routine correspondence
- Supports Accounts Receivable by preparing invoices, matching payments to invoices, posting customer payments, preparing bank deposits, and following up and collecting and allocating payments
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position
- Prioritizes workload to ensure that all essential functions are addressed effectively, making appropriate adjustments throughout each shift and each work week to meet changing and/or competing priorities when necessary
- Prepares for and actively participates in meetings, both on a departmental level and on a company level
- Completes required training promptly. Self identifies areas where additional training is required and demonstrates understanding of the training content and implements training in day to day work activities.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality
- Complies with BigIron Realty and Big Iron Auction policies and procedures as published by BigIron and which may be modified from time to time
- Uses good judgement, discretion, and integrity to review, research and resolve issues. Considers all factors and takes appropriate action
- Consistently uses strength, agility and good body mechanics when performing essential functions; develops, implements, and follows appropriate safety procedures of BigIron Realty and BigIron Auction and/or community and regulatory agencies
- Willingly completes other duties and takes on special projects as assigned or as necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent or Two (2) years of related Accounting experience and education, preferred
- Experience using Avalara
- Always maintains valid Driver’s license and auto insurance
- Software or equipment knowledge
- Data Entry Skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Normal office conditions with the ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone, and basic office equipment
- Incumbent is required to drive company owned or personal vehicle for on-site visits
Communication – Written and Verbal. The ability to speak, hear, read, and write
Math – The ability to perform calculations
Possesses and uses appropriate Social Interaction Skills
Possesses and uses appropriate business reasoning/analysis skills
Works with Minimal Supervision
High degree of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to effectively speak, read and write English, participating in business conversations, composing e-mails, memos, and other business communications.
To apply for this job please visit bigironrealty.com.