9-12 Mathematics Teacher
Website Columbus Public Schools
High School Teaching/Mathematics
Columbus High School
DEPARTMENT: Mathematics – High School
JOB TITLE: 9-12 Mathematics Teacher
D.O.T. #: FULL TIME
D.O.T. CLASS: Sedentary: Medium
- Educational Level: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably with graduate hours in the area of mathematics.
- Experience Desired: Teaching experience preferred. Integration of contextual learning experiences (STEM) and co-teaching as it relates to math instruction.
- Teacher Certification: Must meet standards for certification as a secondary mathematics teacher as established by the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Other Requirements: Integration of technology in the math classroom to include the knowledge and skills associated with computer software and applications in mathematics. Knowledge of curriculum development, the elements of the Marzano Instructional Model, Nebraska state standards in mathematics and the ACT math standards.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant with state and national math standards.
- Must possess the background knowledge and skill proficiency to teach all levels of high school mathematics.
- Must incorporate engaging, problem-solving, and higher order thinking skills in the classroom.
- Be a collaborative team member who is committed to the 3 Big Ideas of a professional learning community.
- Participate in appropriate pre-service and in-service professional development programs.
- Provide a safe, orderly learning environment and assist in the supervision and direction of students as assigned.
- Provide a variety of learning experiences in which students are actively engaged as active learners in the lesson.
- Incorporate best practices in math and assessment data when making instructional decisions.
Never-0% Occasional-1-32% Frequent-33-66% Constant-67%+
- Standing Constant
- Walking Constant
- Sitting Frequent
- Bending/Stooping Occasional
- Reaching/Pulling Occasional
- Climbing Occasional
- Driving Occasional
- Lifting (10# Max) Frequent
- Carrying (20# Max) Occasional
- Manual Dexterity Tasks: Occasional
- (X) Inside Outside Both
- Climatic Environment: Mostly air-conditioned environment
- Hazards: Stairs
To apply for this job please visit columbuspsne.apptegy.us.