2nd Shift Operation Supervisor-Harvest
Job Purpose and Impact
The 2nd Shift Operation Supervisor-Harvest will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
- Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
- Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
- Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
- Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Able/willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed by the business
- Able/willing to work on an active harvesting facility
- One year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in production and warehouse management
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.