Website Columbus Public Schools
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/K-4
- Date Posted:
Columbus Nebraska Public Schools
Columbus Public Schools – website
Additional Information: Show/Hide
JOB TITLE: Elementary Teacher
D.O.T. # FULL TIME X
Sedentary: Medium X
A. Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
B. Certification or Licensure: Nebraska teaching certificate; appropriate endorsements.
C. Experience Desired: Minimum of successful student teaching experience
D. Other Requirements: Knowledge of curriculum and effective teaching methods
REPORTS TO: Principal
1. Implements Board Policy regarding education philosophy/curriculum under the direction of the administration through planning, organizing, managing, interacting with students; establishing rapport with students, staff, parents, and community; and continuing professional development.
2. Plans instructional objectives and activities consistent with curriculum guides.
3. Directs and supervises learning activities.
4. Implements the disciplinary procedures of the District.
5. Supervises behavior in the school environment to maintain the safety and well-being of the students and staff.
6. Keeps accurate records of attendance, absences and tardiness.
7. Selects material suitable to the educational objectives.
8. Utilizes a variety of analytical and evaluative techniques suitable to the curriculum content.
9. Communicates a positive support of the students in their educational development.
10. Recognizes the exemplary influence of the educator over the students.
11. Supervises students in various settings on a scheduled basis.
1. Relates with staff, parents and community through positive professional cooperation.
2. Suggests positive recommendations for the continuing review and development of curriculum.
3. Remains current with developments and contemporary interpretations of subject matter and teaching methodology consistent with the professional assignment.
4. Actively participates at scheduled staff meetings and serves on educational committees.
5. Assumes responsibility periodically for conferences with parents.
6. Performs other duties within the scope of employment and certification as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
7. Issues grade reports on a periodic basis.
8. Undergoes periodic evaluations according to State and Board policy and procedures.
Never – 0% Occasional – 1-32% Frequent – 33-66% Constant – 67%+
Occasional: Sitting, bending, stooping, reaching/pulling, climbing, driving, lifting 10# max, carrying 20# max
Manual Dexterity Tasks: Computer/word processor
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Intellectual, Sensory):
Exemplary command of oral and written communications skills.
Skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, organization, prioritization, problem solving and conflict management, assessment and evaluation.
Visual acuity in supervisory rules; teaching.
Auditory acuity in teaching functions.
A. Inside Outside Both X
B. Climatic Environment: Air-conditioned facilities
C. Hazards: Stairs, communicable diseases.
Columbus Public Schools offers outstanding opportunities to grow as an educator. See the Total Teacher Compensation Package: bit.ly/cpsdcp1. Discover YOUR Future in Columbus at http://www.columbuspublicschools.org! Our diverse community of over 24,000 people offers plenty of opportunities outside of the classroom: http://www.visitcolumbusne.com/! Discover YOUR Future in Columbus!
To apply for this job please visit www.columbuspublicschools.org.