Facilities Engineering Supervisor
Facilities Engineering Supervisor
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
This position is responsible for maintaining and growing the Columbus West facility and related systems including building maintenance, grounds keeping, safety, environmental compliance, project work, vendor management and related documentation. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures, and best practices, and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read and write and converse in English. Willing and able to uphold BD Values.
- Responsible for the design, layout, installation, validation and maintenance of all facility and utility systems such as air compressors, steam boilers, electrical service, WFI water, potable water, compressed gases, vacuum, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving facility equipment reliability and upgrading all plant facilities.
- Responsible to budget, justify, design and coordinate all new construction, such as building renovation, clean room construction, etc. project work.
- Responsible for the plant grounds, image, appearance both internal and external to the facility.
- Provide leadership and development to direct reports including overall performance evaluation.
- Initiate and coordinate training programs for direct reports.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and monitoring budget spend throughout the year.
- Utilizes necessary professional engineering firms to ensure facility renovations and improvements are carried out to all codes and regulations.
- Review work orders, complete maintenance requests, and write purchase orders.
- Monitor contractor workmanship progress and compliance with insurance and safety requirements.
- Assess risks of key systems and create plans to address gaps.
- Initiate cost reduction programs, particularly in the areas of utility costs and productivity.
- Coordinate facility preventive maintenance programs and records.
- Emergency responder and Incident commander.
- Leader of programs such as Atlas.
- Requiring innovation, solid communication and presentation skills.
- Compliance with local, state and national environmental practices and laws.
- Evaluate manpower requirements and skills needed for positions including overtime needs and authorization of recommend subcontracting work as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Planning and Execution – Prepares and implements project or improvement plans for areas of responsibility including but not limited to:
- efficiency improvements, cost reduction or quality improvement programs, environmental compliance, new product support and other process improvements.
- Acts as the driving force for the project, coordinating all resources and activities necessary to ensure on time execution to the project or process improvement plan, identify and work through barriers that hinder progress.
- Preventive Maintenance Planning and Coordination – Responsible for managing all PM plans and tasks within assigned area to ensure effective completion of maintenance according to PM schedule.
- Follow up on machine breakdowns with any necessary updates to the PM system to facilitate continuous improvement of machine reliability.
- Technical Writing / Documentation – Must possess excellent technical writing ability.
- Required to prepare specifications, thoroughly documents all equipment, machines, and tooling with accurate and clear detailed prints and maintenance instructions.
- Validation – With the assistance of the Quality Engineer and validation team, creates all necessary documentation associated with the BD change control process and coordinates validation activities to ensure on time execution according to the project or process improvement plan.
- Manufacturing Support – Provides technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the startup of new or changed products and processes.
- Uses good decision making, problem solving, and trouble-shooting techniques to minimize the potential loss or correct ongoing manufacturing issues.
- Capital Request / Capital Management – Prepares a plan for procurement of capital equipment including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Prepares specifications, place orders, coordinate procurement, install equipment, debug and coordinate the startup of new or modified equipment from outside firms or as modified internally, manages capital spending on assigned projects to ensure spending in accordance with the plan capital budget.
- Design – Coordinate design activity with outside vendors or internal departments, as necessary.
- If resources are unavailable, perform own design and drafting as required.
- Redesigns or oversees the redesign of existing equipment to incorporate improvements relating to safety, machine reliability, product quality, environmental compliance and / or cost reduction.
- 5+ years technical experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline from a recognized, accredited university
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE – Columbus (West)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bd.com.